Your shopping cart is empty!
Multi-Purpose Dye is ideal for dyeing costumes and props for all types of theatrical productions.
Versatile dye for natural and man made fabrics as well as wide range of craft uses.
Designed to colour:
500g Large Size Tin
Multi-Purpose Dye is ideal for dyeing costumes and props for all types of theatrical productions
– NOT for pure synthetics (except nylon), polyester/wool mixtures, or fabrics with special finishes.
– Multi-Purpose Dye is not colour fast so garments should always be washed separately.
5g of powder is sufficient to dye up to 250g/8 oz dry weight fabric.
You will need:
– 30g / 1oz of salt
– Rubber gloves
– A saucepan
1. Weigh dry fabric. Wash fabric thoroughly even if new and leave damp.
2. Fill saucepan or similar heatproof container with enough hot water to cover article and allow easy movement during dyeing.
3. Wearing rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml/1 pint of boiling water, stir well.
4. Add solution to vessel with 30g/1oz salt, stirring well.
5. Put in clean, damp article and raise temperature to simmer, then stir constantly for 20 minutes to ensure even dyeing.
6. Rinse article until water runs clear. Results are not colourfast, so dyed garments should be turned inside out and washed separately.
7. Dry away from direct heat and sunlight.
Special Instructions for Wool:
Follow steps for 1 to 4 above.
5. Put in clean, damp, unfolded article. Bring slowly to a simmer and reduce heat at once. Stir gently for 10 minutes.
6. Remove article from dye and allow to cool before rinsing in lukewarm water, until water runs clear.
0 reviews / Write a review